A 5 star general couldn’t program this operation better. And since I no longer believe in luck or worldly miracles it must be another God thing
Here’s the “breaking news” story. Dad is returning home in just 6 weeks. After surviving a 5 year separation from his family, he’s to be released from prison on New Year’s Days, in faith, the first day of his new and improved life. A true born-again experience
For the initial 58 months few dramatic events were noted. The prison experience was like treading water. For the day’s excitement, dad blackened another “X” over the numbered date.
Then Jesus took over. For over the last 2 months successions of small events have been noted. •
In preparation for dad’s reentry , his own dad and mom, have taken up residence at Pastor Mike Casey’s “Most Excellent Way” – a rousing evening service attended by about 100 drop-ins seeking solutions for their destructive habits. Who tags along sans a struggle but Joshua (pseudonym) age 14, the eldest of the 3 left behind children. Why? Because he loves and misses his dad and wants to be part of the restorative effort for reconciling the family“The Most Excellent Way” The Christian Solution for Addictions: JESUS!
• In preparation for dad’s reentry, the extended family has successfully coaxed Pastor Mike to consider dad for admission to the Bridge, a Christian residential facility in Pacific Grove. Just the right ticket for dad to reclaim his life and to free himself of his demons. Who has been at the center of the
• In preparation for dad’s reentry, Joshua came with me to Carmel Presbyterian Church’s youth group service this morning. Josh’s awareness of scripture comes from way back. He’s heard of Adam and Eve, can’t recall ever being in church, and is mixed up on the meaning of Christmas. Yet with considerable apprehension and much hand wringing, Joshua courageously came to church with me this morning and we arrived but 15 minutes late. Why? Because he loves and misses his dad and wants to be part of the restorative effort for reconciling the family.
• Joshua’s Good Samaritan neighbors who in a wink took him in when mom took off are not believers, and haven’t attended church since heaven knows when. Well believe it or not, they’re coming to CPC services next Sunday. Why? They don’t want to be left out of the process. If Joshua can do it for dad, they can do it for Joshua. This thing is building momentum.
• Joshua’s grandma too will attend next Sunday. She actually bumped me as the presenter of the 2 minute testimony on the rewards for sponsorship of an Angel Tree family. She should know; she’s been on ends, a donor and a recipient.
• Then to show that miracles never cease, in the excitement of it all, she has convinced Jedd, her husband to retake their wedding vows again next month. A worldly born- again experience, only this time, better than ever.
Ziering@pacbell.net 831-250-7921 In His service
For The Least Of Us”, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit faith-based Christ centered prison ministry (EIN 26-1361229, DLN 17053351309017). Web site: fortheleastofus.blogspot.com And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Gal 6:9)